The practice offers a range of appointments from 8.30am-5.30pm these include face to face, telephone and minor illness appointments (we also offer later routine appointments on a Monday - please contact the practice for further details).
Each appointment is designed for one person to discuss a single medical problem. If you have more than one or two problems we would recommend booking a double appointment.
- Routine appointments (ten minutes) can be made with the doctor of your choice, may be made up to two weeks in advance, which will enable us to offer you an appointment at a time more suitable to your requirements.
- Telephone appointments (five minutes) are for problems that a GP can deal with over the phone only. Please contact reception to book an appointment, the Doctor will call back approximately within 1 hour of the allotted appointment time.
- 48 hour Appointments (Urgent) - for conditions that, in your opinion, cannot wait more than 48 hours to be seen by a doctor. The appointment offered will not necessarily be with the doctor of your choice.
- Emergency (same day) appointments are available for conditions that need to be attended by a doctor the same day. If you telephone the surgery for an emergency appointment, you may be put through to the duty doctor, or they may telephone you back to assess priority.These appointments will not necessarily be with your doctor of choice. Please telephone as early in the morning as possible
- Minor illness appointments are available up to 48 hours in advance for patients over the age of 2 with one of our Nurse Practitioners for conditions such as coughs, sore throat (tonsillitis), sinusitis, earache, conjunctivitis, rash, boils and urinary tract infections. If required a prescription it will be issued at your appointment.
If you have a serious problem such as severe chest pain or severe bleeding, you should call an ambulance (Tel. 999) before calling the surgery.
Text Reminder Service
To help with appointment reminders sign up to our free text reminder service. Click here for further details.
If you cannot keep an appointment, please inform us as soon as possible so that we can offer the appointment to another patient.
If you are up to 10 minutes late for your appointment, you may need to wait until the end of the surgery. If you are over 10 minutes late you may need to re-book another appointment.