The current Data Protection Act was replaced on the 25th May 2018 with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). There are several changes under the act and you can find further information from: https://ico.org.uk
Who Does the GDPR apply to?
The GDPR applies to all individuals and organisations with day-to-day responsibilities for data protection.
What does this mean for patients?
- must be processed lawfully, fairly and transparently.
- collected for specific, explicit and legitimate purposes.
- must be limited to what is necessary for the purposes for which it is processed.
- must be accurate and kept up to date.
- must be held securely.
- It can only be retained for as long as is necessary for the reasons it was collected or as stated in Law.
To view the practice Privacy Notice please click below
Bishopton Medical Practice Privacy Notice